At Pilgrim Mat Services our priority is helping you keep your customers, vendors and employees safe from slips and falls in the workplace. We also want to keep you safe on the roads by helping your prepare your automobile for winter weather. Please consider these tips when driving this winter:
- GET YOUR CAR SERVICED
To avoid a potential breakdown, take your car to be serviced before hitting the road. Ask the mechanic to look for the following potential issues:
- Worn hoses, parts, leaks or anything that looks like it needs to be replaced.
- Check the battery to make sure it still has sufficient voltage and test the tightness of the cable connections. A battery takes more power to work efficiently in the winter.
- Check the cooling, heating and defrosting systems.
- DIY MAINTENANCE
For those that like to service their own vehicles (or has a handy spouse), here are a few more suggestions you can do on your own:
- Fill your windshield washer reservoir with a “no-freeze” fluid.
- Check your windshield wiper blades for wear and tear and replace them if necessary.
- Take a good look at your tires, check them for wear. Tires should have at least 1/16 of an inch of tread on them. Also, check their inflation, when the temperature drops the air pressure in your tires drops.
- Support the gasoline system by keeping it filled with fresh gas.
- BE PREPARED
While you can’t think of every possible scenario, follow these guidelines and keep your car stocked in the event you get stranded:
- Carry a small shovel, ice scraper and whiskbroom.
- Flashlight, flares, jumper cables.
- Spare blankets, hats and gloves.
- Food and water if you’re going on a longer trip
- Fluorescent tape
- More information regarding emergency safety kits
Practice these tips to help ensure your safety on the road this winter season. Preparation can make the difference between a minor issue and a major tragedy.
If you would like more information regarding our mat rental program and other services and products we offer, give us a call at 800-939-2523.